Sunday 15 March 2015

Book Review: Chef Maurice and the Rather Fishy Tale by J.A. Lang

When Chef Maurice uncovers a wooden fish inside the day's fresh bass, with a plea written on the fish, he's not sure what to make of it. His friend, food critic, Arthur Wordington-Smythe, insists there is something fishy going on and wants to investigate. Together they start to investigate, and head all over in attempt to find the person, that has written the message on the wooden fish.

I read Chef Maurice and the Rather Fishy Tale as a prequel introduction to J.A. Lang's first full-length novel, Chef Maurice and a Spot of Truffle, and it was just the perfect short story to whet my appetite for this new-to-me series.

The friendship between Chef Maurice and Arthur was a fun one, as Arthur gets Chef Maurice into interesting situations, in an attempt to solve this mystery. I had a fun time with this duo and it will be definitely be entertaining to watch them get into more mischief in their next adventure.

It's clear this series will be a culinary delight for fans of culinary mysteries. With the mouth-watering descriptions of the seafood, y the time I turned the last page I was ready to seek out some fish and chips for myself!

With a good mystery, and delicious culinary delights, this was a perfect short story to introduce readers to the series. I'm looking forward to starting the next book in the series.

Check out Chef Maurice and the Rather Fishy Tale by J.A. Lang at Amazon. At the time of posting this review, this book is free for Kindle.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a delicious cozy mystery. Thank you for the lovely review. I love fish and chips. :) I downloaded it on my Kindle, and I look forward to reading it soon. Happy reading, and writing.

    ReplyDelete