Wednesday 20 May 2020

20 Questions with Authors : Jen Pitts

Jen Pitts is a lifelong mystery reader who turned her obsession into writing cozy mysteries of her own. When she isn’t plotting fictional murder and mayhem, she’s chugging coffee, traveling, reading, and enjoying life with her children and husband in the Pacific Northwest.
The Key to Murder is the first book in her French Quarter Mystery series.

1.  What is your favorite color ?  My family would say black because I wear it all the time, but really it's pink.

2.  Sunset or sunrise ?  Sunset since its more romantic. And I'm always awake for sunset, not always for sunrise.

3.  Coffee, tea or soda ?  Coffee! Always coffee, anytime and anywhere.

4.  What is your favorite movie ?  Rear Window. From the story to the cast to the set, it's the perfect movie.

5.  What are your favorite toppings on pizza ?  Throw them all on. I even like the controversial pineapple topping.

6.  Cake or pie ? What is your favorite ?   Is both OK? For cake I'd say anything chocolate. For pie, it's a tie between pumpkin and pecan.

7.  Favorite author (besides yourself) ?  Agatha Christie is my favorite since I was about ten years old.

8.  Horror movie or chick flick ??  Neither! If I had to choose I guess I'd go with horror if it's not too gory.

9.  Cat or dog person ? Do you have any ? If so, what and names please....  I love them both, but I'm a cat person through and through. I even ran a cat-theme gift website in my previous career. We don't have any pets at this time.

10.  Ideal vacation ?    Sanibel Island, FL. It's the most beautiful and relaxing place. I keep a jar of shells from the island on my desk.

11.  Camping or 5 star hotel ?  5-Star Hotel please! The joke in my family is that I consider roughing it a hotel without room service.

12.  Favorite season and why ?  It's a toss-up between summer and fall. I love the warm weather of summer, but the leaves, pumpkin pie, and holidays in the fall make me happy, too.

13.  Name ONE thing you are afraid of ....  Hairy spiders give me the creeps! I can deal with daddy long-legs, but if there's a hairy spider, I'm gone.

14.  Name ONE thing you cannot live without...  My family. My husband and kids are my world.

15.  What was your favorite subject in school ?  Surprise, English! My college degree is in English and I loved reading everything and anything.

16.  What was your least favorite subject in school ?  Math. I just can't wrap my head around any advanced math.

17.  What movie have you seen more than once ?  So many as I find watching movies again and again to be relaxing. Lately I've watched all the Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot movies for the millionth time.

18.  What is your guilty pleasure ?  (Can't be an answer already given...  Pralines from New Orleans. I'm a sucker for Aunt Sally's Pralines in any and all flavors.

19.  Who is your celebrity crush ?  Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters. Being funny and passionate about music is a great combination in a man.

20.  Tell us something we don't know that you would like people to know about you ......  As much as I love and write about New Orleans, I have actually never lived there. Maybe one day!

To learn more about Jen and her book, go to her website :  https://www.jenpittsauthor.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment