Saturday 16 May 2020

20 Questions with Authors : Charmain Zimmerman Brackett

Charmain Zimmerman Brackett is the author of the Grace's Augusta Mystery series which features her hometown.  There are five books in that series (so far).  They are :

Murder Under the Magnolia
Murder En Pointe
Murder Makes the Ballot
Murder Makes a Mistake
Murder Takes a Bow

She also writes the Victoria James Mystery series under the name of C.Z. Brackett.  There are six books in that series (so far).  They are novella's so you can probably breeze through one on a rainy day.
They are :

Murder at Twin Oaks
Murder at the Masquerade
Murder in Threes
Murder in Session
Murder Special Edition
Murder in Chambers
Now let's get to know Charmain personally......


1.  What is your favorite color ?  Fuchsia 


2.  Sunset or sunrise ?  Sunsets

3.  Coffee, tea or soda ?  Hot tea

4.  What is your favorite movie ?  Tough one. Karate Kid

5.  What are your favorite toppings on pizza ?  I haven't eaten pizza in three years.

6.  Cake or pie ? What is your favorite ?  Cookies are my favorite - chocolate chip.

7.  Favorite author (besides yourself) ?  Victoria Holt

8.  Horror movie or chick flick ??  Chick Flick

9.  Cat or dog person ? Do you have any ? If so, what and names please....   Dog. I have two. Danni is a 10 year-old papillon and Duckie is a 3 month old Corgi.

10.  Ideal vacation ?   My favorite vacations are on cruise ships to the Caribbean; my bucket list vacation is a trip to Europe.

11.  Camping or 5 star hotel ?  Give me a hotel.

12.  Favorite season and why ?  Spring.  My city of Augusta, GA, is the most beautiful in the springtime. Nature comes alive as pink, white, and red azaleas begin to bloom, and the purple wisteria drips from the vine. The beautiful dogwoods blossom. There are longer hours of daylight. The temperatures are perfect, and I can leave my windows open to hear the birds singing. At night, I'm serenaded by the songs of the frogs and crickets. 

13.  Name ONE thing you are afraid of ....  Needles

14.  Name ONE thing you cannot live without....  My family

15.  What was your favorite subject in school ?  English

16.  What was your least favorite subject in school ?  Chemistry

17.  What movie have you seem more than once ?  Clue 

18.  What is your guilty pleasure ?  (Can't be an answer already given...)   I'm not ashamed to crank up my 80's music in my headphones. I like to exercise, and I have about 10 or so 80's related stations on my Pandora playlist. 

19.  Who is your celebrity crush ?   Tom Hiddleston

20.  Tell us something we don't know that you would like people to know about you ......  My fantasy job would be as a singer aboard a cruise ship. My son worked as a dancer/singer on a Carnival ship, and I would love to sing in one of the lounges. I can't dance so I couldn't do what my son did. 


Too learn more about Charmain and her books, you can find her at :

https://www.facebook.com/TheKeyOfElyon/




1 comment: