She currently works as a cake decorator with Walmart in Alamogordo, NM after twelve years in the Ruidoso Downs store (this is her nineteenth year with Walmart) and a "vino slinger" with Noisy Water Winery in Ruidoso, NM for the last six years. She has been a "closet" novelist for over twenty years and has an impressive collection of rejection letters to show for it! "End of the Road" started as a project for National Novel Writing Month in 2009; it won the Oak Tree Press 2012 Dark Oak Mystery contest. Her first and second books in the series, "End of the Road" and "No Lifeguard on Duty", were both awarded The Catholic Writers Guild Seal of Approval. “Fiesta of Fear” is the sixth book in the series and she is currently working on the seventh book.
She and Paul currently reside in Bent, New Mexico, with their son, Paul Michael, who grew up believing that having a mother who writes mystery novels is normal.
Her Black Horse Campground Mystery series has 6 books and she is working at the seventh. They are :
End of the Road
No Lifeguard on Duty
At the Crossroad
A Summer to Remember
Fiesta of Fear
Now let's see how she answers the personal questions......
1. What is your favorite color ? Hard to pick just one! Mostly southwestern shades of blue/teal
2. Sunset or sunrise ? I love both, especially in the summertime! In the wintertime, they both come way too early!
3. Coffee, tea or soda ? I NEED my coffee!
4. What is your favorite movie ? Ratatouille! I really identify with Remy the rat!
5. What are your favorite toppings on pizza ? Pepperoni, red onion, and fresh garlic
6. Cake or pie ? What is your favorite ? I love pie, almost any kind, but I’ll never turn down Italian Cream Cake
7. Favorite author (besides yourself) ? The Queen of Suspense, Mary Higgins Clark
8. Horror movie or chick flick ?? Neither
9. Cat or dog person ? Do you have any ? If so, what and names please.... I’ve had several of both in my lifetime, but right now, our family includes two dogs, Duke and Camo
10. Ideal vacation ? Any place my husband and I can relax and enjoy ourselves! Preferably a place that’s not too crowded (no big cities) with plenty of good food and wine!
11. Camping or 5 star hotel ? Camping with amenities!
12. Favorite season and why ? I love fall! The colors, the smells, the tastes of autumn really get my creative juices flowing.
13. Name ONE thing you are afraid of .... It may sound strange, but I’m afraid of fear. Fear is what keeps people from doing a lot of things they really should do or want to do.
14. Name ONE thing you cannot live without.... Aside from my husband and son, I really, REALLY need books!
15. What was your favorite subject in school ? English (surprise!) followed closely by Literature and History
16. What was your least favorite subject in school ? Physical Education!
17. What movie have you seen more than once ? Oooofff… many! I love the whole “Rocky” series (especially the story of how Sylvester Stallone believed in his screenplay and wouldn’t make a deal if he couldn’t play the lead!)
18. What is your guilty pleasure ? (Can't be an answer already given...) I love good wine, but I refuse to feel guilty about it!
19. Who is your celebrity crush ? I’ve been crushing on George Strait for over thirty years!
20. Tell us something we don't know that you would like people to know about you ...... I have worked as a cake decorator for over forty (yes, 40!) years, since I was 11 years old!
You can learn more about Amy and her books at : https://www.amymbennettbooks.com/