Sunday 28 June 2020

20 Questions with Authors : Aimee Shaye

This exerpt is taken from Aimee's author page on her website :

I am many things but normal is not one of them,” says Aimee Shaye when asked to describe herself. She is a novelist whose genres include Fantasy and all its subgenres. When asked what drives her, Aimee says, “The world around me. The people I know. The love I have gained. The pain I have endured.” Though young, Aimee has experienced many things that she believes no one (man or woman) should ever have to endure, and as a result of that, she has turned her pain into liquid words that fill the pages of her books, novels, novelettes, and short stories.

Aimee's books are :

The Broken Daughter (The Cursed Kingdom Series Book One)
Silenced
The Prophecy (A Chronicles of the Seven Sons Prequel)
If You're Listening...
Have Mercy

Let's get to know her personally.....


1.  What is your favorite color?   My favorite color is black. 

2.  Sunset or sunrise?   Sunset. I love the way the colors blend into the ocean.

3.  Coffee, tea or soda?  This was hard! I love them all! But since I have to choose: coffee! 

4.  What is your favorite movie?  I watch both Hollywood films and Bollywood films. My favorite Hollywood film is Titanic! I have seen it a thousand times! My favorite Bollywood film is Kuch Kuch Hota Hai! If you haven't seen it, it's on Netflix and there are subtitles.

5.  What are your favorite toppings on pizza?  This is not going to be a crowd favorite but I love pineapple on my pizza, pepperoni, and mushrooms! I'm also not opposed to the barbecue chicken pizza, but it's hard to eat and my chicken always falls off! 

6.  Cake or pie? What is your favorite?  Pie!! Like Dean Winchester of Supernatural always says: "Love me some pie!"

7.  Favorite author (besides yourself)?  Haha! I love Sherrilyn Kenyon and Nicholas Sparks!

8.  Horror movie or chick flick ??  Chick flick for sure. I had a bad experience after a horror movie when I was a kid, so now I steer clear of them. 

9.  Cat or dog person? Do you have any? If so, what and names please....  Both! I have a dog whose name is Rusty. He's a cockapoo (cocker spaniel/poodle mix) and he's a lap dog. My brother has 2 cats (he had 4 but sadly three passed away this year). Their names are Oreo and Dash (he's the newest addition). 

10.  Ideal vacation?    Anywhere with my husband. I don't care where we go as long as it's a vacation! 

11.  Camping or 5 star hotel?  This is tough because I'd do both especially since my husband is an Eagle Scout. Oh man! Can I pick a 5 star hotel with two nights of camping at some point during our outing? 

12.  Favorite season and why?  Summer! I love warm weather and I get summers off, so there's a lot more I can do during the summer. I'm an outdoor person. 

13.  Name ONE thing you are afraid of ....  Heights. I have an impenetrable fear of heights that stopped me from climbing to the top of the Eiffel Tower, one of my life-long dreams. I made it to the second floor, saw the tops of the mountains and the deadly drop below me and I completely freaked and cried for about twenty-minutes!

14.  Name ONE thing you cannot live without....  My husband. He's my best friend, as cliche as it is. We do everything together short of going to work together (if we could, we probably would). I don't know what I'd do without him. 

15.  What was your favorite subject in school?  English and Social Studies! It's a tie because I love to write and I love to learn about the world around me. 

16.  What was your least favorite subject in school?  Math. I don't think in numbers, I think in images! So unless there's images (like graphing) I take a pass, haha!

17.  What movie have you seen more than once?  Titanic. I have seen it at least 100 times. 

18.  What is your guilty pleasure?  (Can't be an answer already given...)  Twilight! I know, I know. I'm 26 years old, it's insane that I'm obsessed but I totally pre-ordered Midnight Sun the minute the announcement was made! #NotSorry

19.  Who is your celebrity crush?  JENSEN ACKLES! I have loved Jensen Ackles since Dawson's Creek when I watched re-runs. I love him on Supernatural. I love him as part of his band. The man is amazing from being a playful father to being an amazing actor! 

20.  Tell us something we don't know that you would like people to know about you ......  I don't know if many people know this but my heritage is a mosh pit. On my father's side I am Guyanese and Indian. His dad and his parents were natives of Guyana but his mother's parents were native of Indian and immigrated to Guyana where my grandma was born then married my grandpa. On my mother's side I am mixed with Italian, Polish, Irish, and German. My mother's mom is 100% Italian from Naples. My mother's father, on the other hand, is mixed Polish, Irish, and German. His father (my great granddad) was 100% Polish; his mother (my great grandma) was mixed Irish and German (her mother was 100% Irish and her father was 100% German). Whenever we had to do family trees and heritage projects, I was always made fun of for my heritage so I'd always say "I'm Guyanese" to shut people up. Now I embrace it and explain it all the way through! I'm proud of my mixed culture and because of it my family is mixed religion. I have family members who are Catholic, Presbyterian, Hindu, and Muslim. It's pretty cool! 


For more on Aimee and her books, go to :  https://www.aimeeshayeauthor.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment