Wednesday 8 July 2020

20 Questions with Authors : Angela McRae



Angela’s debut cozy mystery, Emeralds and Envy,  as published in 2019 by Red Adept Publishing. Emeralds and Envy is first in the “Junkin’ Jewelry” series about a jewelry-making sleuth who prowls yard sales and flea markets in search of the vintage jewelry she uses in her designs … when she’s not solving murders.  She also wrote 2 cookbooks, “Dainty Dining: Vintage Recipes, Memories and Memorabilia from America’s Department Store Tea Rooms and A Year of Teatime Tales: 52 Tea-Themed Stories to Fill Your Cup and Warm Your Heart.

Keep reading to get to know her personally.....


1.  What is your favorite color?  Currently, turquoise

2.  Sunset or sunrise?  Sunrise, preferably at the beach

3.  Coffee, tea or soda?   Tea! I’ve been blogging about tea for thirteen years now, so I’m quite passionate about tea and teatime.

4.  What is your favorite movie?   “Gone With the Wind”

5.  What are your favorite toppings on pizza?   Pepperoni, sausage, and green peppers

6.  Cake or pie? What is your favorite?   Definitely cake. My favorite (and you can find the recipe on the internet) is Grandmother Crisp’s Caramel Cake, shared by a lovely North Carolina woman who is an interior designer.

7.  Favorite author (besides yourself)?   I adore Jan Karon for writing so many wonderful Mitford books and for being so entertaining on Facebook during the pandemic.

8.  Horror movie or chick flick??   Chick flick. The news provides enough horror these days.

9. Cat or dog person? Do you have any? If so, what and names please...   No pets at the moment, but I’m delighted to have become friendly with the neighborhood turtle, Vert.

10.  Ideal vacation?   A month in the countryside of Chianciano Terme, Italy. My husband and I stayed there a few years ago and agreed it was the most perfect vacation we’d ever experienced. We’d love to return for a longer stay.

11.  Camping or 5 star hotel?   Book my room at the Ritz, please.

12.  Favorite season and why?   I am always torn between spring (for the flowers) and fall (for the leaves).

13.  Name ONE thing you are afraid of.   Snakes! Just seeing a photo of one gives me the heebie-jeebies.

14.  Name ONE thing you cannot live without.   My Bible. I spend the first part of each morning reading a few chapters, and I treasure that time as a great way to recalibrate my mind before entering a new day.

15.  What was your favorite subject in school?   English. I loved to write from early on.

16.  What was your least favorite subject in school?   Algebra. I didn’t see the purpose for it then, although I do now.

17.  What movie have you seen more than once?   “Sense and Sensibility” with Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet.

18.  What is your guilty pleasure?  (Can't be an answer already given...)   Did you know that a serving of 33 semi-sweet Ghirardelli chocolate chips has just 70 calories? After I finally lost 40 pounds a few years ago, I learned that when I want a treat, slowly eating chocolate in tiny portions like that is helpful in keeping the weight off—such a sweet guilty pleasure.

19.  Who is your celebrity crush?   Cary Grant. They don’t make ’em like that anymore.

20.  Tell us something we don't know that you would like people to know about you …   If I could have any superpower, I’d like to be able to time travel. While writing my jewelry mysteries, I’ve often wished I could go back in time and scoop up the old costume jewelry that has become so scarce today—and interview the makers. And when I’m reading the Old Testament, I really, really wish I could travel back in time and see Solomon’s Temple right after it was constructed. Wouldn’t that be amazing?


To learn more about Angela and her books, go to :  https://angelamcrae.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment