Saturday 25 February 2017

Facials Can Be Fatal (Bad Hair Day Mystery #13) by Nancy J. Cohen


Facials Can Be Fatal (Bad Hair Day Mystery, #13)

During the frenzy of the December holidays, the last thing salon owner Marla Vail needs is a dead body slathered in a green facial mask at her new day spa. The victim, Valerie Weston, was a major donor for Friends of Old Florida, a historic building preservation society. Marla’s stylists are scheduled to work backstage at their upcoming gala fashion show, but Val’s demise might put a crimp in their plans. Hoping to salvage her reputation, Marla determines to track down the suspects. As she learns more about Val, she realizes the benefactress might have stumbled onto secrets others would kill to keep. She’d better prepare for a body count that has nothing to do with hot stone massages and everything to do with murder.  (Summary via Goodreads)


Pirates, hidden treasures, secret identities, murder..... Book 13 in Nancy J. Cohen's Bad Hair Day Mystery series has that and a whole lot more !!

As this is the 13th book in the series and the first one that I have read, I was worried that I may have a difficult time following the story....  But I worried for nothing.  As soon as I started reading and getting to know Marla I felt like I have known her forever.  This is the first cozy mystery that I've read where the main character is married to the sexy detective on the case and I love that !!  Now I realize that the series didn't start off that way and Cohen orchestrated that through her story telling and I love the path that she takes the reader on.  I only wish I had time to go back and read the first 12 books.

Marla, who owns a hair salon and day spa, has a customer die while receiving a facial.  The customer, they learn has a allergy to latex and therefore was murdered !!  Marla wants to solve the case and insure that the salon doesn't lose business over this.  Unfortunately when more deaths occur, the suspect list grows and grows.  There are too many possibilities and leads to follow.  And as the holidays are fast approaching Marla is determined to have the case solved so they can all enjoy the holidays and start the new year off murder/crime free !!  Is Marla hoping for too much ?  

If you've read any or all of the previous books in this series, you know that the Bad Hair Day Mystery series books are captivating and exciting.  If you haven't read any, what are you waiting for.......
It only took reading one book for me to become a fan. What about you ?

Review by Missi S.







1 comment: