Thursday 5 September 2024

Isabella and the Missing Sphinxella by Margaret Evans

A Missing Statue, Ancient Egypt, a Camel Who Talks, and a Cat Named Isabella? Wow.

Written history, oral traditions, and hieroglyphs tell us there were originally TWO Sphinxes built at Giza. More stories tell us invaders destroyed one of them.

What if the story is different?

Join Isabella on her captivating journey through intrigue and mystery in Ancient Egypt. You’ll laugh and shed tears as she searches for the truth behind the Missing Sphinxella.  (Summary via Goodreads)


Oh where to begin after reading this latest tale of Isabella and her newest adventure ....  I honestly am still trying to wrap my head around what I read and trying to figure out what is in the brain of author Margaret Evans .... But I will try my best to explain and maybe after you have read it, you can explain what I may have missed because I know there was something I missed .... LOL.

Isabella and the Missing Sphinxella sees Isabella being sent to the hot desert in Ancient Egypt to help a cat named Zixi.  Pharaoh Rumses the 24th, a powerful local leader is building two statues and holding a contest to choice the cat whose likeness will sit atop the statues in high honor.  Zixi is one of the female contestants and Isabella is sent to get to know her and the other contestants and help as she sees fit.

Unfortunately in Isabella style, she gets into a bit of trouble and has to enlist the help of her friend Patton.

In Isabella and the Missing Sphinxella there is a lot going on that will keep the readers attention throughout this fun packed novella.  You have talking cats, and now talking camels, secrets, lies, love, envy, jealousy and so much more.  Like I said I don't know what goes on in Evan's brain but I guess readers really shouldn't look behind the big curtain to see how it all works ... all we really need to know is that when you see the words Isabella and Margaret Evans together, you know you are in for a crazy fun ride !!  So sit down in a comfy seat, grab a drink and a snack and get reading !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment