Thursday 4 June 2020

20 Questions with Authors : Lynn Morrison

Lynn Morrison is the author of How to Be Published and How to Market Your Book, Dutched Up, P.S. I Miss You and the Oxford Key Mystery series.

The Oxford Key Mystery series has 2 book in the series (so far) :

Murder at St. Margaret
Burglary at Barnard  (coming soon)


Let's get to know her personally.....


1.  What is your favorite color ?  Black, like my soul. Ha! Most of my wardrobe is some variation of black or grey.

2.  Sunset or sunrise ?  Sunset, specifically the sun setting on the beach in Eraclea, Italy (near Venice), where we spend our summer holidays.

3.  Coffee, tea or soda ?  Coffee and tea. I could 100% live without soda.

4.  What is your favorite movie ?  The Princess Bride

5.  What are your favorite toppings on pizza ?  Most any kind of veggies with goats cheese or feta

6.  Cake or pie ? What is your favorite ?  Cake, hands down. I love carrot cake, but unfortunately no one else in my family does.

7.  Favorite author (besides yourself) ?  How long have you got? I binge read like a mad woman and when I find an author I like, I read everything they’ve written. I have so many favorites. In the cozy category, I love Adele Abbott, Annabel Chase, and A. A. Albright, among others.

8.  Horror movie or chick flick ??  Chick flick (although I rarely watch TV or movies, so this is kind of a wash for me)

9.  Cat or dog person ? Do you have any ? If so, what and names please....  CATS. ALWAYS CATS. I’ve got two cats - Leo and Stella. They are brother and sister and are the cutest things ever.

10.  Ideal vacation ?   Last year we stayed at my in-laws’ beach house for two weeks, without my in-laws being there. That was a dream vacation - we sat on the beach all day, no one there to complain we were late to lunch or dinner, no one dictating what we watched on TV. I would do that again

11.  Camping or 5 star hotel ?  NEVER EVER CAMPING EVER NOT EVEN GLAMPING. blergh.

12.  Favorite season and why ?  Summer, because my birthday is in July and we are usually on holiday.

13.  Name ONE thing you are afraid of ....   I’m terrified something will happen to my kids. I imagine most (all?) moms are.

14.  Name ONE thing you cannot live without....  dark chocolate chip cookies.

15.  What was your favorite subject in school ?  History

16.  What was your least favorite subject in school ?  Science

17.  What movie have you seen more than once ?  Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the original with Gene Wilder). It was always on when I was a kid, I must have watched it dozens of times.

18.  What is your guilty pleasure ?  (Can't be an answer already given...)  Kindle Unlimited - I am always, always reading. I use the kindle app on my phone and I will download a new book as soon as I finish the previous one. Kindle Unlimited makes me feel somewhat less guilty.

19.  Who is your celebrity crush ?   I don’t have one, probably because I rarely watch TV or movies. 

20.  Tell us something we don't know that you would like people to know about you ......   I grew up in Oxford, Mississippi and now I live in Oxford, England. My husband loves to tell people that I’m from Oxford - and boy are they surprised when I open my mouth and an American accent comes out. Although after seven years in England, I’m sounding more and more like Madonna. You really can’t help it when you hear Brit-speak all day, everyday. My kids have perfect British schoolgirl accents.


To learn more about Lynn, go to :   https://lynnmorrisonwriter.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment