Thursday 28 January 2016

A Page From The Past by Cindy Davis


A Page From The Past

The first warning is swift and to the point, but bookstore owners Glenn and Lindsay Reade don't 'get it' until their lives are threatened a second time. All they've done is read a young girl's diary and attempt to locate the owner. Just because the journal describes the girl's rape and subsequent murder of the rapist is no reason for anyone to want them dead, is it? The book is obviously more than forty years old. Who in the tiny Berkshire town of Paris, Massachusetts could still care? But someone does. And that someone is willing to kidnap and murder to protect their long buried secret.  (summary via Goodreads)


This book was AMAZING !!  I could not put it down !!  You will fall in love with Glenn and Lindsay.  If you are like me when you're reading a book, you let your imagination go, you will want to read A Page From the Past.  

Glenn and Lindsay own a big house in a small Massachussetts village.  The downstairs is their bookstore while they live in the upstairs.  The way Cindy Davis describes the store, their living area, the yards and the people, you are instantly in love and will want to move there.

On one of their trips seeking old, collectible books, they come across a young girl's diary from years ago.  Lindsay, who loves to read diaries, was about to toss it aside when one word jumped out at her......murder.  She was curious so she started reading it.  She became obsessed with the diary which got Glenn curious also.  They decided to investigate a bit and see if they could find the owner of the diary.  Unfortunately as they dig for clues and follow up on leads, a black pick-up truck wants to do everything possible to prevent them from learning too much.

If you like a good story, a story that grabs you from Chapter 1 and doesn't let you go until the last page, this is the book for you.  If you like trying to solve the puzzle no matter how dangerous it gets, this is the book for you.  If you like reading a book that takes your breath away and totally shocks you with its ending......THIS IS THE BOOK FOR YOU !!!  

I LOVE this book so much that I am going to GIVE one AWAY ! ! !  And it will be autographed and I bet I can get the author to personalize it for you !!!!   Just send me a message telling me why you want to read this story and I will pick a lucky winner ! ! ! ! ! !

   
Review by Missi S.

12 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing! I love old diaries and all the possible hidden treasures and secrets. Thought I'd put my name in the hat for this one. Loved the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds amazing! After such a great review, I will be adding it to my TBR list. Love stories with descriptions that make you have a vivid picture of the location where the story takes place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Dianne .... YOU WON !!! Please email me your snail mail address and if you want Cindy to personalize the book when she autographs it !!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good book. I like the fact that a bookstore is involved and also that they're a sleuthing couple.
    catbooks72(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book sounds like a suspenseful page turner! I do enjoy reading an amazing book. Thank you for the giveaway.
    myrifraf(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific review! Secrets, old diaries, murder - what more could one ask for in a book that will keep me reading through the night?
    kpbarnett1941[at]aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds outstanding , I would love to read it ! kathambre@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so excited about this book---and your reviews are always so good that I must believe that I should read this book.
    suefarrell.farrell@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Sue .... YOU WON !!! Please email me your snail mail address and if you want Cindy to personalize the book when she autographs it !!

      Delete
  8. I love mysteries and especially love any book set at a bookstore. This sounds like a great read! glindathegood@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to read this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone for entering !!! The winners have finally been picked.... Congrats to Dianne and Sue !!!

    ReplyDelete