Saturday 16 August 2014

Book Review: The Colony Cat Caper by Patricia Fry

Here at Cozy Mystery Book Reviews the one thing we all have in common is our love of cats. We have a soft spot for dogs too, but we really LOVE felines! So when a new book crosses our desks we all clamor to be the first one to read it. After all mysteries and cats just go hand in hand. Patricia Fry’s mysteries definitely have a cat as their focus… a klepto cat named Rags. Together with Savannah, Rags provides plenty of enjoyment in this fifth book in the series.

The mystery focuses heavily on the Hammond Cat Alliance and their involvement in helping with the feral cats in the area, which of course brings in the mysterious old building. I really enjoyed the way Patricia Fry has weaved the elements of mystery with the serious side of animal welfare, and the care of the feral cats. The Hammand Cat Alliance warmed my heart with all they do to help cats.

The Colony Cat Caper was my first introduction into the lives of Savannah, Rags and the other folks in town. I was able to quickly pick up the story, and I was glued to each page with intrigue as the mystery unfolded. For me, the Klepto Cat mysteries is a hidden gem, and I’m glad I’ve now got four other books in the series to go back and enjoy. I can’t wait to find out what other adventures Rags has gotten up to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment