Monday 8 April 2019

The Hidden Corpse (Food Blogger Mysteries #2) by Debra Sennefelder


The Hidden Corpse (Food Blogger Mysteries #2)
Former reality TV baking show contestant and recent divorcée Hope Early is trying to find her recipe for success as a food blogger—but murder keeps getting in the mix . . .

When Hope’s elderly neighbor perishes in a home fire, she can't help but feel somewhat responsible. Only the day before, Peggy Olson had called her over, having burned a pot on the stove while she was sleeping and filling the house with smoke. In fact, she couldn't even remember cooking. Clearly, it was dangerous for the woman to live alone.

But it turns out she wasn't alone. When a second body is discovered in the basement of the burned house, suddenly what appeared to be a tragic accident is beginning to look like premeditated murder. As rumors spread like wildfire, Hope is determined to sort out the facts and smoke out a killer, but she might be jumping from the frying pan straight into the fire . . . 

Includes Recipes from Hope’s Kitchen!  (Summary via Goodreads)



As a blogger I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Hidden Corpse by Debra Sennefelder.  Even though the main character, Hope, is a food blogger and does a lot more blogging than I do and she gets paid for doing it, it still was a treat !!


The Hidden Corpse is the second book in Sennefelder's Food Blogger Mystery series and I really wish I had read the first one also.  Not that I was missing anything or was lost, it's just that from the background that was provided, I know that the first one was just as amazing as the second one.  

As much as I envied Hope for her job and lifestyle, I did not envy her detecting skills and getting into trouble.  I did enjoy reading about it and while reading it, I did feel like I was there along side her....but I also knew that I wasn't (and yeah that it was a story and not real....)  Sennefelder's writing has the reader feeling like you are there...in the kitchen with Hope cooking and blogging, about to run into her neighbor's burning house trying to save the neighbor, hanging out having coffee and chatting with Drew or having tea with Jane at the inn....you even feel like you're walking over junk when she goes to visit one of the "suspects" in the murders.

And who can blame Hope for trying to help the police solve the murders when one of the murdered victims is her elderly neighbor and the other one is the wife of a friend.  And of course when the police turn to the husband as a suspect, Hope knows that there is no way that Cal would even think about killing his wife and to say that he actual did it is crazy !!!

I loved getting lost in The Hidden Corpse and finding another town to visit and more people to call my friends and I cannot wait until I can return to Jefferson and hang out with them all and maybe "help" Hope solve another murder.......


Review by Missi S.









No comments:

Post a Comment