Thursday 20 October 2016

Cats' Eyes (Crazy Cat Lady #1) by Mollie Hunt


Cats' Eyes (Crazy Cat Lady #1)

What if a retired cat-lady discovered a stolen sixty-eight carat chunk of trouble in her back yard pond?
Lynley Cannon is the crazy cat lady, but she's not quite crazy yet, though a bizarre connection to a bumbled heist and a double homicide has got her wondering in this 1st Crazy Cat Lady cozy mystery.
Retiree Lynley Cannon adores her Old Portland home with her clowder of rescue cats, but when elderly Fluffs drags in a dusky brown beach agate that turns out to be a priceless chocolate diamond, things change fast. The uncut stone, one of a pair called the Cats’ Eyes, has been stolen from its wealthy owner, but how it ended up a cat toy, even the robbers cannot guess. Threatened by kidnapping, theft, and murder, Lynley is determined to maintain her serenity, even if it means finding the crooks herself. With the police completely baffled, friends, family, and a hunky humane society investigator come onboard to help. The killer thinks Lynley has the diamonds and will go to any lengths to get them back. Will Lynley live to clean the litter box another day?  (Summary via Goodreads)



After just losing my cat, Sammy, I wasn't sure that reading a book regarding cats in any form would be good.  BOY was I wrong !!!!  Being a "crazy" cat lover myself and having rescued 2 wonderful cats there was so much I could understand and relate to in Cats' Eyes by Mollie Hunt.  If you are a cat lover or even an animal lover and pet owner I HIGHLY recommend grabbing this book.  It is the first in Hunt's Crazy Cat Lady Mystery series and I cannot wait to get my paws on book two, Copy Cats.

Lynley Cannon is the definition of "crazy" cat lady.  She has a handful of cats of her own, she volunteers at a cat-only shelter with her best friend Fannie and she foster's cats.  Although she a huge cat lover and lives in a big house alone with her cats she is far from crazy.

Lynley finds her world turned upside down and she doesn't even know why.  Apparently there are 2 stone-looking diamonds that are brown and resemble a cat's eye and 2 brothers think that she has them.  She actually had one that her cat Fluffs brought in from the backyard.  Her home was broken into but Lynley had no idea why.  She didn't even realize the ONLY thing taken was the rock/diamond.

Lynley gets attacked, kidnapped, drugged, left to die on a mountain and then held captive in her own home and throughout these ordeals the only thing she is worried about is her CATS.  

As a cat lover myself I can totally relate.  Although I usually only have one cat of my own, that one cat is my WORLD !!!  I personally hate going on vacation and leaving them behind and alone.  If that doesn't tell you something.... I suggest you pick up Cats' Eyes and read it.  Then you will understand......

Review by Missi S.

No comments:

Post a Comment